Enhance Penn's Woods
Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests welcome millions of visitors each year. A close to 3-million acre system so well-loved and well-used requires real commitment to maintain and improve.
Governor Tom Corbett is giving DCNR additional tools to invest in our public lands with a 2-year, more than $200 million investment in upgrades and repairs called Enhance Penn’s Woods. It will enable DCNR to be better stewards of the parks and forests. This fact sheet contains more information about projects and funding sources.
Latest news releases:
- Enhance Penn’s Woods Initiative Results in Water Line Replacement project at Greenwood Furnace State Park (10/23/14)
- DCNR, Partners Break Ground for Kinzua Bridge State Park Office/Visitor Center in McKean County (8/21/14)
- DCNR Announces Contract for Kinzua Bridge State Park Office/Visitor Center (7/31/14)
- Enhance Penn’s Woods Initiative Results in 1,700 Acre Addition to Buchanan State Forest (7/25/14)
- Lackawanna State Park Swimming Pool to be Closed During 2014 Season for Construction of New Facility (4/15/14)
- Enhance Penn's Woods Initiative Results in 3,000 Acre Addition to Lackawanna State Forest (4/4/14)
- Governor Corbett Unveils More Than $200 Million Investment in State Parks, Forests (2/1/14)