Instructions for Completing the Nursery Stock Application
1. Complete Items 1 through 6 on the Application
a. Please clearly list your address where you receive your daily mail under No.4.
b. If you are picking up the seedlings at Penn Nursery place an "X" in Block 6A of the application.
c. If you want UPS delivery place an "X" in Block 6B on the application.
d. UPS requires that we indicate whether the shipping address is a residence or a business. UPS regulations are if some one lives there, it is a residence. Even if a business is also located in the home, residence must be checked. Only check business if no one lives there. Please put an X in the appropriate block.
e. Fill in Item 5 ONLY IF the name and address of the person picking up the trees at the nursery or receiving the UPS delivery is DIFFERENT than the Landowner's name and address. Please be sure the zip code matches the town listed and the address is written clearly.
2. Complete Item 7 on the Application
a. We have added a shipping column for each species. Please refer to Page 1 for the list of species available, the age of the seedlings, the price per thousand and the shipping charge for each species. If you are picking up the seedlings at Penn Nursery, there is no shipping charge. The shipping column would remain blank.
b. Fill in the species requested, the age, quantity ordering and the price per thousand.
c. Compute the total cost of the seedling (quantity times price) and insert it in the total for seedlings column.
d. If the seedlings are to be shipped UPS, compute the shipping charge for this species and insert it in the shipping column.
e. Add the Total for Seedlings column and the Shipping Charge column and enter the total at the bottom of the column and on the appropriate lines elow. Please note if the total of the shipping column is less than $13.00 you must enter the minimum charge of $13.00. If you are picking up the seedlings at the nursery, there is no shipping charge. The $13.00 minimum does not apply. Leave that line blank.
f. Add the seedling costs and the shipping, and place the figure on the Subtotal line.
g. Calculate the Sales Tax (6% of Subtotal line - multiply the Subtotal by .06) Insert this amount on the proper line.
h. Add the Subtotal and the Sales Tax amounts to get the Total Amount Due.
3. Payment for Seedlings
MAKE CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO "COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA"
IF YOU WISH TO PAY FOR YOUR SEEDLINGS WITH VISA OR MASTERCARD, FILL OUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED ON THE BACK OF THE NURSERY STOCK APPLICATION. YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CHARGED WHEN THE APPLICATION IS PROCESSED.
a. For Orders to be Shipped UPS: Full payment must accompany the application. Submit the payment with the application to the District Forester responsible for the area in which the seedlings will be planted. Addresses for the District Foresters are shown on the back of the application form.
b. For Orders to be picked up at the Nursery: When the application is submitted to the District Forester responsible for the area in which the trees are to be planted, the applicant may:
1. Include the total amount due with the application, or
2. Pay a 25% down payment. If only the down payment is paid at this time, the balance is due on or before March 15. (If making application after March 1, you must submit full payment.)
4. The landowner must complete the bottom half of the application.
5. The landowner must sign the agreement on the reverse side of the form.
6. If a refund is needed, we must have a Social Security number or Federal ill number. This number is to be placed on the back of the application below the signature line. If you are paying by credit card this number is not needed. If you prefer not to provide the number unless you need a refund, leave the line blank and we will contact you for the number if a refund is necessary.
7. Send the completed application to the Forest District in which the trees will be planted. See address list and map on the back of the application.
DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION TO HARRISBURG OR PENN NURSERY.
8. Refund of Payments
a. Prior to March 15: Cancellation will be made with full refund.
b. March 15 to April 1: Refunds will be made less 25% of total charges.
c. After April 1: No payments will be refunded or credits made toward future purchases.
d. On or after June 15: Seedlings are considered unsuitable for planting, and they will revert to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources with no refund or credits.
Refunds of purchases made using a credit card will be refunded to the purchaser's credit card account.
9. Distribution of nursery stock will be made in the spring only. A confirmation copy of the order will be sent when the order is processed.
There will be Riparian Bundles of 100 seedlings available for spring 2012 planting. Each bundle will contain four different species of 25 each of any of the following species*: speckled alder, pin oak, silver maple, river birch, redosier dogwood, and sycamore. You cannot specify which species you want. These seedlings are only used for riparian buffer, stream bank or wetland plantings.
A landowner may purchase as many bundles as needed. Bundles must be ordered on the regular Nursery stock application and can be combined with other seedling orders. The cost for each bundle will be $17.50. Shipping will be $1.00 per bundle. A minimum shipping charge of $13.00 will apply to the entire order. If the bundles are ordered for pickup at Penn Nursery, the $1.00 per bundle shipping charge and the minimum shipping charge does not apply.
* Species may vary at the Nursery's discretion.