A consulting forester works for private landowners to help them with the management of their forest or woodlot. Some of the services commonly offered by professional foresters include:
- Long and short-term forest management planning
- Timber sale administration
- Tax and estate planning
- Resource valuation
- Wildlife habitat management
- Project implementation
- And much more...
Some of the myriad benefits of hiring a consulting forester include:
- They work for YOU, with your goals in mind
- They know the current markets and trends
- They know the science of timber management for multiple values
- They will inspect harvesting operations to ensure that the contract is upheld
- They may perform other technical services that ensure the long-term health and sustainability of your forest
- And timbersales run by consulting foresters generally net larger profits for the landowner
How do you start the process of locating and hiring a consulting forester? Here are some materials to assist you in selecting and working with a consulting forester on your property.