Recreational scuba diving opportunities are available at the state parks listed below. Diving is within state park contained lakes with the exception of Lake Erie at Presque Isle State Park and the Susquehanna River at Shikellamy State Park. Divers must contact the park office before diving to be notified of certification requirements, park diving areas and park-specific diving information.
Divers Must Be Certified
Recreational scuba divers must be certified. The following are approved certifying agencies.
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI)
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
- National YMCA Scuba Program (YMCA)
- National Association of Scuba Diving Schools (NASDS)
- Scuba Schools International (SSI)
- International Diving Educators Association (IDEA)
- Professional Diving Instructors Corporation (PDIC)
- Multinational Diving Educators Association (MDEA)
- National Association of Scuba Instructors (NASE)
- Scuba Diving International (SDI) and Technical Diving International (TDI)
Access for People with Disabilities
If you need an accommodation to participate in park activities due to a disability, please contact the park you plan to visit.