Dogs in Cabins Program
Pennsylvania state parks allows dogs in designated cabins and camping cottages. Please see the listing below of the specific parks and cottages/cabins. Dogs will only be permitted in the designated facilities. All other Pennsylvania state parks will continue to prohibit pets in cabins. No more than two dogs are allowed to stay in any one cabin.
Chapman - Camping Cottage 1
Cook Forest - River Cabins 11, 14, 15
Cowans Gap - Rustic Cabin C
Hills Creek - Modern Cabins 1 and 2
Kooser - Rustic Cabins 21 - 22
Little Buffalo - Camping Cottages 4 and 5
Poe Valley - Ca,ping Cottage 11
Prince Gallitzin - Modern Cabins 1 and 10
Promised Land - Rustic Cabins 11 - 12
Pymatuning - Jamestown Cabins 1 - 4
In 2015 dogs will be permitted in these additional locations:
Clear Creek - Rustic Cabins 10 - 13
Cowans Gap - Rustic Cabins A and B
Linn Run - Rustic Cabins 9 and 10
Moraine - Modern Cabins 7 and 11
Ohiopyle - Camping Cottages 235 - 237
Parker Dam - Tyler Cabin
Yellow Creek - Camping Cottages 1 and 2
Dogs in Cabins Guidelines
Responsible ownership is the key!
- A maximum of two dogs per cottage/cabin are allowed, regardless of size.
- Dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and must display a valid license. Dogs must be clean and free of ticks, fleas, worms and mange.
- Dogs that are considered vicious, aggressive or that display hostile behavior will not be permitted in the park.
- Dogs must be under physical control at all times. Please inquire at the park office about specific leash length requirements. Dogs may not be tied to trees, porches, or anchored to the ground.
- For the dog’s health and safety of park staff, dogs may not be left unattended in cottages/cabins.
- Only house-trained dogs are allowed in cottages/cabins. Female dogs should not be in cottages/cabins while in cycle (heat). Owners must always pick up after their dog(s) and properly dispose of the waste.
- Dogs are permitted in day-use areas and all areas not otherwise closed to pets.
- Extra fees will be assessed for damages to the cottage/cabin and/or fixtures, or if special cleaning is required. Park staff will assess damage fees based upon the materials and labor required to make any repairs necessary to return the damaged area to its condition before the damage occurred.
- Dogs may not create a disturbance or nuisance. Excessive barking is a disturbance. Visitors may be asked to leave if their dog(s) continue to disturb other visitors.
- Dogs are not permitted in swimming areas, inside buildings, group tenting areas, or in any area designated as an area closed to pets. Dogs are prohibited in all overnight areas. They are to be walked in designated pet walking areas only. Dogs may not be walked through non-pet areas of campground unless it is designated as a pet-camper travel route.
- Dog food must not remain outside of a cottage/cabin because it will attract rodents/wildlife.