How to Hold an Event in a PA State Park

Pennsylvania State Parks welcomes everyone to enjoy our parks for our established recreational activities. But if you're looking to hold an organized event, like a 10 K race or fishing tournament, there are procedures in place to be sure that everyone can safely enjoy the parks. Contact the park you plan to visit for information about how to hold your event in a state park. Below are descriptions of the most common documents required to hold an event in a state park.

Letter of Authorization

A Letter of Authorization (LOA) is required for any group or organized activity. Examples include, triathlons, duathlons, dog events, weddings, fishing tournaments, horseback riding, steamboat shows, Klondike derbies, kayak meet-ups, paddleboarding, equipment demonstrations, disc golf tournaments, Regatta’s, organized hikes, etc.

Special Activities Agreement

Special short-term events may be granted permission to sell food and refreshment items by use of a Special Activities Agreement.