Recent groundwater reports and data products from the Pennsylvania Geological Survey are listed below. See our Publications page for more online publications and digital data.
- Rethinking the hydrologic cycle, Pennsylvania Geology, v. 41, no. 1, p. 3. (Spring 2011)
- Geographic information system (GIS) data: Digital bedrock aquifer characteristics by physiographic section of Pennsylvania. (June 2010)
- Fact Sheet: Recommendations for construction of private wells in bedrock. (April 2010)
- In cooperation with the the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), Water Resource Report 70, Summary of groundwater-recharge estimates for Pennsylvania, by Stuart O. Reese and Dennis W. Risser (USGS) was released. (March 2010)
- Step by step—Sustaining and protecting water resources, Pennsylvania Geology, v. 39, no. 1, p. 16-17. (Spring 2009)
- In cooperation with the Pennsylvania Geological Survey, the U.S. Geological Survey has released a report on groundwater recharge: USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2008-5185, by Dennis W. Risser, Ronald E. Thompson, and Marla H. Stuckey: Regression Method for Estimating Long-Term Mean Annual Ground-Water Recharge Rates from Base Flow in Pennsylvania. (October 2008)
- Guide for logging wells. These web pages make recommendations for the logging of wells, and provides rock type maps for each county of Pennsylvania. (June 2008)